+++Hello everyone! Today I want to answer a frequently asked question regarding my favorite art supplies here on the blog. To be honest, many times I am using any kind of paper, pencils, sketchbooks (even notebooks with grids on them) to draw or illustrate. It really depends of what each individual artwork is meant to be or to become. Although, there are many wonderful art brands out there, I will share a few of my favorite ones that worked well for me throughout the years. And of course, if you have any favorites that you would like to share, please do! :)
1. First things first! I am in love with this watercolor block from Fabriano. The texture of the paper is really smooth, it's made of 100% cotton and it makes the colors look brighter. I usually use this for final artworks.
2. This Moleskine watercolor sketchbook - The quality of the paper is great, the pages are thick and all the drawings stay nice and organized. It's larger than other regular sketchbooks but fits nice in a tote bag when traveling.
3. Hand Book Watercolor journal travel set - I used this many times while traveling and it works so nice. The paper is great for many techniques and I love the brush that comes with it!
4. Da Vinci Harbin Kolinsky round brushes
5. I am using this Factis Eraser for more than 10 years and it's the best one I've used so far. It's super soft and cleans the paper really well without leaving any marks.
6. Dixon pencils - I am using harder pencils like 2HB before applying watercolor on my drawings. The lines are a soft grey and they become invisible.
7. Micron pens - I've been using them for years, they are great for doodling and they work with other mediums. Since I mainly work with watercolors I like the fact that the lines don't bleed after painting over them.
8. Winsor & Newton watercolor set - it's small, compact, perfect for travel.
9. Schmincke watercolor pan - The thing that I love the most about this set is that the colors are so beautiful, vibrant and strongly pigmented. It's definitely worth the price in my opinion.
10. I like this daisy porcelain palette when mixing my colors and it cleans up very easy, even from ink.
11. I use calligraphy pens not only for hand writing but also for drawing.
12. Acrylic inks - I like using white ink over some of my watercolor illustrations.